Saturday, July 16, 2016

Maybe I’m Actually Not a Christian After All | john pavlovitz

Maybe I’m Actually Not a Christian After All | john pavlovitz

Apparently we Christians are supposed to fear and resent and vilify those who don’t look or talk or believe or love the way we do, we’re supposed to wield the power and be the bullies and seek retaliation and shut down disagreement. From what I can tell based in what I’m seeing, followers of Jesus were commissioned by him to go and be angry, crass, affluent, racist, misogynistic, homophobic warmongers, known in the world by our incendiary rhetoric, our stockpiled arsenals, our doomsday predictions, and our flag-waving bravado. (Funny, I always thought it was by our love, but that shows you the level of deception I’ve fallen victim to).

  And were we to hear the reaction to these words inside the heads of others in our own communities of faith they might echo the words in our own.  He must be talking about someone else, some other church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to review prior to publication. Keep in mind that Robert is the only author allowed the privilege of snarky name calling.