Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Anti-Semitic propaganda was mailed to me at my home. This is not normal. - Vox

Anti-Semitic propaganda was mailed to me at my home. This is not normal. - Vox

I had to scroll through the racist acts documented in "Day 1 in Trump's America" several times, because I couldn't believe this was happening. I got shivers all over my body when I read David French's moving essay about how alt-right trolls photoshopped his adopted Ethiopian daughter's face into gas chambers "with a smiling Trump in a Nazi uniform preparing to press a button and kill her."

I know others have experienced things far more threatening and personal than a piece of hate mail sent from more than 2,000 miles away.

I also know this man who sent me the mail, Brian Clayton Charles, is a man with a criminal record and a long history of abnormal acts. I know other Jewish journalists have received similar mailings from this man.

But what's different now is that people like Brian Clayton Charles now have been given license to do this.

This man is not hiding. His return address is there for all the world to see. He will probably welcome this attention.

In Trump and Bannon's America, this is a man who now feels emboldened. This is a man who feels the law and authorities will now be on his side.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to review prior to publication. Keep in mind that Robert is the only author allowed the privilege of snarky name calling.